Are you looking to part of a rapidly growing, popular, national company where you can develop your skills, have first class training and progress?
Then this incredible opportunity is for you!
My client, a popular, national financial services company is looking for a Customer Account Manager to join them on a permanent position. You don't need any experience in the financial services industry - they are looking for customer focused candidate looking to start a fantastic career in this sector!
Your main duties will include;
- To identify and develop existing customer base of branch.
- To ensure all administrative and audit procedures are complied with.
- To sell company products.
- To maximise business opportunity development potential.
- To progress within branch / company structure.
- Train, coach and motivate branch employees.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements.
- Generate business through quality customer service.
- Explain services and products to customers and analyse customer suitability for products.
- Prepare and process loan applications.
- Ensure all customer documentation is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintain an efficient and organised branch filing system.
- To develop detailed knowledge of both financial products and company procedure.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Active team player.
- Self motivated.
- Desire to work in a sales and customer - orientated organisation.
This role would suit a candidate who is:
Looking for a career
This company offer exceptional benefits such as:
Private Health care + spouse
Pension (3% employee, 8% employer)
*Ride bike to work scheme
*High street vouchers
And so much more!
If you are successful one of our experienced consultant will call you for a telephone interview within 3-7 days of application.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- customer service
- business development
- financial services
- account management