Sales / Account Manager (Biotech) c£30-50k + Benefits + Bonus
North East England ABJ4278
Enjoy sales, but prefer the buzz of an office based role?
Fed up of working from home alone and prefer to be in an office environment?
I am urgently seeking a sales / account manager to help to develop a growing biotech business in the UK Scandinavia, Germany and UK. As an experienced sales account manager (preferably biochemistry background) you will have direct hands-on Account Management responsibility with warm clients / repeat business and looking to expand the client base through business development, you just be result driven and enjoy the rewards that sales brings.
You will be responsible for developing new accounts and delivering the sales target of biotech products within Europe with a focus on Scandinavia, Germany, France and Benelux. Target accounts will be Pharmaceutical R&D, Biotech companies, Research Institutes and Academia. You would be developing key account and growing the business with new clients in this field.
The real requirement is somebody who can join the team and hit the ground running and who will be able to contribute towards the sales process immediately. With a Biochemistry background (preferred) you will have experience of selling to end users/group leaders/study directors). As sales / account manager you will have experience of generating leads, making introductions, arranging appointments to meet face to face, understand their specific research requirements and selling the products and services.
Much of the role will be office based in the UK and phone/ skype / email will be used to develop business
But of course in any sales role there will be some travel and at least twice a month you will be in Europe - Scandinavia, Germany, France and Benelux and as needed by the company.
The key performance indicators to this new role will be the ability to grow sales by identifying key customer individuals and developing close relationships with them. The ability to deliver the sales target and to ensure long-term success despite any opposition from whatever quarter is a critical factor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum - Masters and/or PhD- best suited to Biochemistry, Chemistry postgraduates.
- Knowledge of use of peptides, proteins, antibodies and assay development in drug discovery research is preferred
- Achieve excellent sales and show this by having a proven track record of success in a high value sales environment, ideally the Life Science or the Diagnostics Industry.
- Build and follow a Tactical Sales and Business Development plan.
- Understand the dynamics of the Life Science Industry in order to make good business decisions.
- Be results orientated/driven, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Meet agreed timescales and deadlines and overcome any problems that may get in the way of achievement.
- You will be fluent in Microsoft package (Word, Excel. Powerpoint, Outlook) and preferably a CRM database, like ACT.
- Happy to be working away from home from on a regular basis
- Must have experience of identifying new companies outside our existing client base
- Must have credibility when meeting companies and new contacts
- Experience of working and travelling within the UK and Europe (preferred)
Excellent benefits package: Full Time, Permanent Role
- No car required, travel covered UK and abroad.
- Not commission based but a small discretionary bonus paid our yearly based on personal and company performance.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson
- Assay Development
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'