Are you an ambitious individual looking for your first step into Commercial Trading?
If you are looking to start your merchandising career within trading this Merchandise Admin Assistant opportunity could be the perfect stepping stone to help you to achieve your career aspirations.
We are currently seeking a Merchandise Admin Assistant to join our Sound and Vision team. Think everything from TV’s and DVD’s to radio and headphones; you will play a part in getting these products on the shelf by providing support to the Merchandising team to ensure we get the right products in the right place when our customers want them.
We are looking for someone who is able to work quickly and accurately and most importantly have ambition and drive.
Sound like your perfect next step?
As a Merchandise Admin Assistant you will need to
- Prepare forecasts to ensure sales, stock holding, margin and availability is optimised
- Adhere to merchandising milestones within the critical path to ensure on time launches and feedback as appropriate to team
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records of commitment in order to provide stock intake and output forecasts
- Prepare accurate analysis as required by Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser in line with agreed timescales, ensure all reports are downloaded and cascaded as appropriate
- Liaise with the SRT team, ensuring the right stock is positioned with appropriate forwarders at the right time to meet store stock requirements
- Liaise with suppliers and the imports and warehousing teams to ensure smooth flow of stock from the supplier to depot
- Update delivery schedules to reflect latest supplier delivery position and maintaining relevant systems
- Raise contracts for new orders with guidance from Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser
As a Merchandise Admin Assistant your experience will include
- Computer literate
- Systems knowledge especially Excel and MS office
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Knowledge, and preferably experience of working within a retail environment
- Excellent admin and organisational ability
- Positive approach to building relationships with stakeholders
- Proactive approach, suggests ideas to improve our way of doing things
It’s a lot, but you won't be on your own. You’ll have a lovely, supportive team to help you keep pace, as well as on & off the job training, which will help you build a portfolio of skills and a successful career here at sainsburys.
Personality is paramount: you're passionate, ambitious, a good networker, resilient and have a good work ethic. We’ll need you to be organised, efficient and good with spreadsheets. Put simply, you’re someone who gets things done.
At Sainsbury’s Argos, it’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience. Since Argos became part of the Sainsbury’s group in September 2016 forming Sainsbury’s Argos we are now one of the largest General Merchandise and Clothing businesses in the UK with over 90,000 products across 2200 stores.
To help grow the General Merchandise and Clothing parts of our business our Commercial teams based in Ansty Park, Coventry and Milton Keynes have never been more important. They’re the people who ultimately source and provide the customers the products they want when they want them - ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do.