We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join the team. This role will be based between our two Store Support Centres - Ansty Park, Coventry and Avebury, Milton Keynes.
This role provides business analysis knowledge and capabilities as part of the Sainsbury’s Argos Commercial Transformation Programme, and for the wider Sainsbury’s Argos Commercial division.
You will support the Transformation Programme by conducting the relevant analysis to understand current and future processes, accurately capture and track all business requirements, and maintain all necessary documentation associated to the programme initiatives. You will provide important help and support across the programme, in particular to the Product Owners in managing backlogs and user stories.
Your knowledge and understanding of the function, processes and systems, will mean you will play a critical role in testing and deploying future enhancements, as part of the product roadmaps and overall Transformation Programme.
You will bring a challenger mind-set, seeking new and improved ways of tackling issues and opportunities within Transformation.
As a Business Analyst your responsibilities will be:
- Conduct analysis to understand business change needs, assessing impact of the changes and engineering requirements for the proposed solutions to deliver value to Sainsbury’s Argos
- Perform requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
- Ensure alignment of requirements, proposed solutions and designs to the business needs
- Business process documentation, re-engineering and design
- Support the Product Owners to design and develop user acceptance testing strategies, plans, and scripts, including performing testing where required
- Develop strong working relationships across all of the departments we work both across the commercial and broader functions at all levels
- Bring a new perspective, challenge the status quo and identify opportunities to do things better/cheaper/faster
- Adopt an Agile approach/Lean principles wherever appropriate for development initiatives
- Proactively identify and manage product risks, issues and dependencies - and work with the Lead BA, Product Owners, and Product Support Analysis to ensure a swift resolution
As a Business Analyst your experience will include:
- Driven, strong results orientation with well-developed commercial judgment
- Display high levels of persistence and resilience
- Possess, and continually build, strong networks with business stakeholders
- Good understanding of the operating models across Sainsbury’s Argos D&T / IT functions to ensure that our products are fully supported
- Develop a deep understanding of the commercial functions and the outcomes they are seeking to achieve, including how this links to organisation-wide/strategic objectives
- Develop a good understanding of business systems architecture, to provide knowledge to IS Transformation management and business representative’s projects.
- Facilitate extensive and comprehensive user acceptance testing by documenting test plans and test cases.
- Good impact & influence skills at all levels with ability to frame and contextualise facts in a way that is relevant to audience