BS5202: Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
Salary: to £36,000 plus Car, Medical Insurance, Pension
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
The world’s largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a SHEQ Advisor to join its team. Initially, the SHEQ Advisor will focus on quality and as time progresses the successful candidate will receive training and development on the Health and Safety aspect of the role. Ideally candidates will have previously worked within a project based business.
- Assuring the provision of quality measures and data as required for the Division’s operations
- Reviewing legislation for Quality and advising on the applicability to Divisional operations.
- Operating an internal audit system within the Division to meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- Facilitating external audits of the Division’s Management System.
- Assisting in the assessment of new suppliers, auditing management systems and confirming quality approvals.
- Assisting in the maintenance of approved suppliers including supplier ratings where applicable.
- Conducting an annual review of the effectiveness of the Division’s Management System.
- Coordinating and ensuring the quality activities within the Division align with Corporate policies.
- Developing Divisional best practice procedures where the need is identified.
- Update and format the SHEQ section of the Company Intranet with relevant information
Training will be provided to enable following:
- Participate in, and manage a programme of implementing/assisting with the setup of site SHEQ issues for each contract. Ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, supporting regulations, the Company Health, Quality, Environmental and Safety Policies and Management System Procedures.
- Advising on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues as required, this will include preventing injury to personnel and damage to Environment, plant and equipment. Attending site visits where required to ascertain SHEQ issues specific to that project.
- Carry out regular SHEQ audits on all sites and communicate the results to the SHEQ Manager and the Site Engineer.
- Advise on adequate training relating to SHEQ for employees before and after commencing duties with the Company, and monitor the effectiveness of this training.
Ensuring that all precautions as detailed in work related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, SHEQ Plans, and Environmental Aspect registers are brought to the attention of the working team.
Liaise with the Division’s SHEQ Manager for the reporting and investigation of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with Installation Group Procedure.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates will have a sound knowledge of Quality Assurance practices and legislation and an understanding of ISO9001 and ISO1005
- A certificate in Quality Management.
- Relevant quality, environment and auditing experience.
- Experience and knowledge of management systems and methodologies.
- Knowledge of risk management best practices and ability to communicate these at all levels across the Company.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Expression Web 4, or other Intranet editing software, are essential
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate in Health and Safety would be desirable but not essential as further training can be provided.
- It is essential that the candidate has cross-functional project management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- A driving licence is also essential as the role involves travelling to and from Installation Sites.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.