We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the construction and engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Compliance Manager to join our client in Kings Langley.
Your main responsibility is to ensure the Group’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies are implemented consistently across the company. To develop, implement and monitor the Integrated Management System (IMS) in particular to reviewing all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related strategies, polies and procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
£47,000 + company car
SHEQ Compliance Manager’s Core Duties
- To develop, maintain the Integrated Management System (IMS) in particular to reviewing all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) related strategies, policies and procedures,
risk assessments and safe working practices throughout in accordance with relevant legislations and standards.
- Inspire, motivate and advise company personnel, contractors and suppliers on SHEQ matters.
- Provide support and guidance on SHEQ matters throughout the business.
- Ensure that an audit and mentoring regime is devised, implemented and effectively provides the focus for verification of SHEQ policies, processes and procedures within the business including audits of suppliers are performed and are satisfactory.
- Conduct Internal Audits, assessments and inspections to verify effective implementation and conformance to legislation, standards and IMS with its policies, processes and procedures.
- Carry out training and mentoring of staff and contractors to ensure they are capable and competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them.
- Maintain the company’s ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Achilles UVDB & Building Confidence &
Constructionline certifications in accordance with our IMS policies, processes and procedures.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of SHEQ issues, whether legislative or best practice are briefed to the business and any requirements implemented
- Monitoring, measurement and recording of SHEQ objectives and KPI’s ensuring this information is cascaded down throughout the organization in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to applicable legal and other statutory requirements.
- Ensure that any safety or Environmental accidents, incidents or near misses are reported immediately to the Directors and Senior Management Team and that investigations are carried out to identify the root causes and promote the lessons learned throughout the organization.
- Managing client feedback processes including the client survey, client commendations and client complaints
SHEQ Compliance Manager’s Skills required
- Extensive knowledge of effective SHEQ Management strategies and best practice
- Detailed knowledge of current SHEQ legislation and other requirements and their application in the workplace
- Good technical and engineering understanding
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, and the World for extended periods at short notice. This role is predominately office based, but you will be expected to visit their other offices work sites as required. 85% UK / 15% overseas though your physical time will mainly be spent in the UK
SHEQ Compliance Manager’s Key Experience
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice
- WAMITAB Level 3 in Waste and Resource Management - Land Remediation Activities desirable but not essential
- ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 Auditor experience, essential
- Proven experience leading SHEQ at senior level and the ability to influence is key
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today
- Occupational Health
- Resource Management
- Risk Assessments