Please note this vacancy is a Maternity Cover Contract:
My client specialise in mechanical and industrial engineering which encompasses a vast range of services to the public and private sectors.
Scope and Remit
Provide advice, guidance and assistance concerning health, safety, welfare at work, quality and environment.
* Ensuring compliance with health and safety and environment legislation and company policies.
* Ensuring the safe operation of the Leeds workshop.
* Ensure that the fire risk assessments for all offices are reviewed on an annual basis.
* Specify appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment.
* The development of standard risk assessments and method statements in relation to company activities and the implementation of such.
* Audit risk assessments and method statements produced by management and report monthly.
* Create and implement site inspection schedules for operational departments
* Assisting Project Manager in ensuring that project specific risk assessments are completed before work commences
* Ensure that dynamic risk assessments are produced by all operational staff everyday
* Maintain records of planned and administered toolbox talks
* The identification of training needs for all employees within the company
* The development and control of a formal and effective communication process with the workforce regarding SHEQ issues, including management and committee meetings, toolbox talks etc.
* Investigation of any accident, dangerous occurrence/incident to establish cause and offer recommendations to prevent re-occurrence whilst ensuring comprehensive records are kept of such.
* Liaise with the Managing Director and the H&S consultant to agree and set targets for continual improvement.
* Ensure that all sub-contractors and CIS status contractors on the 'Approved Sub-contractor Database’ are fully vetted and audited.
* Reporting to the Managing Director and management on the performance of the Company’s SHEQ management systems (e.g. BS EN ISO 9001 - 2000, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) and any need for improvement, and elevating non conformities to senior management when required.
* Maths and English GCSE A-C or equivalent
* NEBOSH General Certificate
* IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
* Full driving licence
* NEBOSH Diploma
* Professional membership to IOSH or IIRSM
* Internal auditor trained
* Educated to degree level
Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of health and safety, environment and quality management systems and their implementation.
* Fully computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy
* Work experience within a similar role
Skills & Behaviours
* An enthusiastic and pro-active approach
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
* Excellent organisational ability demonstrating attention to detail
* Willingness to be flexible and develop as required by the role and support continuous improvement of processes within the department
* Ability to manage conflict and resistance
* Good presentation skills
* Articulate and able to explain policies and procedures and take and resolve queries effectively
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly