Safety and Integration Accessibility/Cycling Engineer
My Client is a leading single highway engineering provider with the expertise and resources to engage in the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of motorways and roads. They are currently looking to expand on their diverse and growing team in Wakefield by recruiting a Safety and Integration Accessibility/Cycling Engineer.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Company car/car allowance
- Company pension contribution
- Fantastic Bonus Scheme (One of the best)
- Private medical cover
- Training and development team support
- HND/HNC level or higher in engineering or equivalent.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of all aspects of highway structures including design, assessment, construction and inspection
- Good knowledge of SMIS
- Good understanding of the structure CVM process
- Good understanding of the Highways Agency DMRB and other standards and guidance notes
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of working with the HE standards, systems and objectives to identify structure renewals schemes
- Preparation of value management and scheme identification studies and project development forms
- Experience of presenting at structures CVM, value engineering and risk workshops
- Experience of managing structure asset risk in a maintenance environment
- Experience of structural maintenance in a MAC / ASC environment
- Experience of writing asset renewal reports
- Engaging in the development of safety, integration, accessibility and cycling improvement schemes for the strategic network
- Identify improvement needs and undertake development of safety schemes and studies.
- Identifying highway structure renewal needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system such that they feed into the clients forward programme of renewal activities
- Initial development and preliminary design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highway England standards including the DMRB,IANs, MCHW, etc
Please call Aishah Abdulla at Randstad CPE to discuss further on /
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.