Hours: Part Time (24 Hours) including evenings and weekends
Contract: Fixed term to 31st March 2019
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Closing Date: 21st September 2019 (Noon)
Our client has a great opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to be involved in the set up and delivery of an exciting new service providing a night shelter and support for rough sleepers in Exeter.
You will manage staff and volunteers and provide day-to-day oversight of the night shelter team ensuring they are providing a safe and person centred service which encourages rough sleepers to engage with support and services, and avoid repeat homelessness. They are looking for someone who can work in partnership with other agencies and ensure their reputation for providing excellent rough sleeper services is maintained.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of the causes of homelessness
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with people with complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Experience of managing staff and/or volunteers
The successful candidates will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, motivate and supervise staff and volunteers
- Coordinate the involvement of statutory and voluntary organisations, local businesses and community/church groups in the service
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click on 'Apply Now' and complete an online application form.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"