We have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced care professional who is passionate about delivering high quality care and has experience of delivering effective safeguarding to vulnerable adults. You will play a pivotal role as the designated person within the operation, with primary responsibility for handling and reporting concerns about adult safeguarding. Putting into place policies and procedures to safeguard vulnerable service users across the organisation.
Summary of Benefits:
28 days leave including Bank Holidays
Company Pension Scheme
Full expensed company mobile phone for business use
Mileage paid for business use
On-site refreshments/fresh fruit provided
Car business insurance paid
Free car parking
The Safeguarding Officer will be specifically responsible for:
- Working alongside Senior management to play a lead role to develop and establish the organisation’s approach and implement the plan for safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Investigate and manage cases of poor practice and abuse reported to the organisation
- Manage referrals to social-care services, police, Local Authority designated officers and the CQC.
- Acting as the central point of contact for internal and external individuals and agencies
- Represent the organisation at external meetings related to safeguarding and present cases
- Support staff to utilise the systems to ensure the understanding of their performance and how they can improve the care and support provided.
- Advise staff on where to seek guidance and advice regarding policies and CQC standards
- Ensure that safeguarding standards are met and maintained.
- Co-ordinate audits and quality assurance visit schedule in collaboration with Service Managers
- Conduct pre-audit research and collate data to prepare for the audits.
- Record and analyse any audit report findings from quality reviews and put corrective actions in place.
- Raise any safeguarding, serious non-compliance and risk issues with the Service Manager, Registered Manager and Directors immediately
- Support Managers and staff, applicable with local authority, CQC, quality monitoring, visits and returns as requested.
- Ensure that policies are up to date and all associated documentation is accessible and used appropriately
- Identify and communicate any training that maybe required and communicate to the relevant department
Qualifications and experience:
- More than 2 years’ related experience required within care and experience of dealing with safe guarding
- An understanding of care standards (ideally within domiciliary care)
- An understanding of health & safety issues
- Medication training in a domiciliary care setting
- Computer literate, on MS Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent administration and writing skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
This role offers successful candidates an immediate start, long term job security and the opportunities to progress in to management and Head Office roles for employees who are effective in these roles. Feel free to give us a call to have an informal chat and to find out more about the role and set yourself on a pathway to a successful new career.
- Health Care
- Quality Assurance
- Social Care
- Care Planning
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'