Safeguarding Lead - Children's Services
This is a brand new position to work within our highly successful Children's division at CareTech
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum, company car, mobile phone, computer, Flexible working, 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, free employee benefits package
This is a field based position so a full driving licence is essential
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Safeguarding Lead to join us as we go through a period of continued growth.
This is a truly exciting time to join us - CareTech Community Services has developed a national reputation as a high quality provider of support, therapy and education for children and young people with complex, emotional and behavioural difficulties, learning & physical disabilities and foster care.
As Safeguarding Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the Heads of Service in the development and implementation of the Safeguarding Strategy. Reporting to the Quality and Performance Manager, you will provide high quality and up-to-date technical advice, training and guidance to support the Heads of Service, Registered Managers and care staff. You will work closely with the services to enable CareTech to fully meet all of our regulatory, legislative and best practice requirements.
As Safeguarding Lead, core tasks will include:
* Safeguarding Policies, Procedures and Protocols
* Producing and implementing an annual safeguarding plan for the organisation
* Producing an annual Safeguarding report for the organisation
* Themed Safeguarding visits to Childrens homes and Schools
* Reporting against set KPI’s
* Assisting with Service Safeguarding Audits (section 11 Audits) and improvements
* Managing and assisting in the delivery of Safeguarding training (Safeguarding1 & 2, Missing Persons, CSE, Radicalisation, FGM, Safer Recruitment and E-safety)
* Ensuring all Registered Managers receive in-house Safeguarding Training as part of their induction
* Managing all Child Protection referrals
* Managing/Conduction investigations into safeguarding concerns or referrals
* Attending Key meetings following a child protection referral
* Young Person exit interviews
* Managing/Organising the local and national young people’s forums
* Encouraging/supporting young people to be involved in developing the homes and participating in discussions around key decisions i.e interviewing staff in various roles, contributing in staff appraisal, having a voice in the business an access to the board of directors.
* Attending seminars / training to keep up knowledge and ensure that Caretech are leading in the market
As Safeguarding Lead, you will have numerous KPI's to meet, which you will be fully supported to do so.
We are seeking someone with the following skill set:
* Holds a recognised qualification in Social Work (or equivalent)
* Has experience of being a designated Safeguarding Office or equivalent
* Has the ability to work with a degree of autonomy in a flexible and creative manner
* Is able to communicate at all levels, negotiate and mediate, building effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
* Has a solid working knowledge of how local authorities conduction a Child Protection Case conference and be able to attend and contribute to these on a regular basis
* Has experience of delivering service improvement at a strategic and operational level
* A superb knowledge of Local Safeguarding Children Boards and planning processes for safeguarding and child-protection investigations
* A superb knowledge of behaviour that is harmful to children and thresholds for poor practice
* A superb knowledge of the core values and principles of working with children
* An excellent knowledge of legislation, government guidance and the national framework for Safeguarding children
* A child focused approach
We are seeking a candidate who shares the same core values as we do, who will grow in what will be a demanding yet exciting position. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of duties, a full job and person specification is available on request.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced DBS check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion, however we have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, Deputy Managers, Healthcare Assistants, and Residential Managers.
- Social Care
- Children Matters