A qualified solicitor / barrister / legal executive with experience of working in one of the following areas :
- Adult Safeguarding, homelessness/ housing appeals and community care including mental health. - Experience of presenting cases before Courts/Tribunals/Public Inquiries where the post holder has the right of audience on all matters. - Experience of preparing and processing all legal documents relevant to the work of the Client Groups/Service.
- PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB
- To ensure the provision of high quality legal advice to the clients allocated by the
Principal Lawyer to the standards expected and expressed
- To undertake complex legal work within a specialism to which s/he is recruited; within at least one of the following client/specialist areas:-
- Safeguarding e.g. childcare protection, vulnerable adults including mental health and adult protection, homelessness/ housing appeals and judicial reviews in childcare and other relevant work.
- The post holder may be assigned to other work in order to meet the exigencies of the service, subject to the post holder demonstrating the required level of knowledge and experience.
- Lawyer / Solicitor