WiggleCRC, are seeking an experienced and passionate Bicycle Mechanic to join the growing team. Your role will be to ensure that all bicycles are built and inspected to the correct specifications and to Cytech and WiggleCRC’s exceptional standards.
- 30, 000 bikes to be built by the workshop team annually
- 20% year on year growth in bike sales
- Reporting to the Workshop Manager/Team Leader
- To be part of a team of 20 mechanics and 6 bike packers
- Up to 200 bikes per day assembled, quality checked and despatched
A Bicycle Mechanic has the accountability of ensuring all customer bikes they have assembled are built to Cy Tec, British Standards and Wiggle’s high standards to ensure the customer receives the best product possible whilst ensuring productivity targets are adhered to.
- Ensure that all bikes are built and safety checked to Wiggles exacting standards in order to deliver the bike ready to ride except for customer basic final assembly.
- Install and adjust all components to the manufacturers required standard.
- Correctly install any required accessories to ensure safe operation of the bike.
- Ensure customers bike returns and warranty claims are promptly and effectively dealt with.
- Assist in other areas of the Operations Department when required.
- Ensure workshop tools are used correctly and
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Quality issues to be reported when discovered.
- Inventory checks to be completed as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A Cytech qualification is desirable though not essential, as is a passion for cycling and bicycles
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced workshopenvironment as part of a professional team
- Bike product knowledge an advantage
- Communication skills
- Ability to multi skill
- Strong attention to detail with a strive for excellence in delivery
- Commercially driven with an appetite to drive a business unit
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand 'what good looks like’, and capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required
If this sound like the perfect role for you, please click apply and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch!
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mountain Bike