Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Palatinate Tech are the in-house tech team behind The Palatinate Group, one of Europe’s most successful and exciting travel businesses. Due to our continued growth we are looking for a talented, Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer to join our multi award winning team. As part of the Palatinate Tech team you will work on exciting and groundbreaking projects for a variety of the group brands, including Spabreaks.com, Your Golf Travel, Racingbreaks.com and OutofOffice.com. Our team’s mission is to create the best possible online experience for purchasing niche travel products, ensuring that our customers have a great experience from the moment they first visit one of our sites to the moment they return from their travels.
About the team
Our development team consists of 20 developers. We use many different technologies and languages, our staple being Ruby on Rails. All of our infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud Platform, and we use BigQuery extensively to analyze data from the majority of our systems.
Our team has an agile mentality, and the users of our software are heavily involved in all aspects of the work on our systems. Our work involves a mix of greenfield and legacy work, but don’t let this scare you off ? we believe in investing in the long-term health of our projects.
We use all the usual tools: Github, Slack, Trello, Google Hangouts. Most of our pairing is done either in person or using vim/tmux, but we believe in choosing our own tools.
Some of the Projects to Work on:
- Bringing a better online booking experience to the golf, spa and racing industry, focusing on search and checkout
- Improving the software used by our sales, customer service and supplier relations teams
- Analytics (working with datasets spanning the entire spectrum from website/call centre activity through to booking)
- Infrastructure ? we have infrastructure specialists, but our team believes in 'shipping its own code’
- Integration with third-party APIs to bring new products to our customers directly on our websites and through call centres
To work here, you should be:
- A talented full stack Ruby on Rails Developer
- An expert at OO programming
- Experienced with domain modelling
- A TDD practitioner
- An excellent pair programmer
- Pragmatic ? able to work with customers to make sure we’re always working on the right things
- Experienced at mentoring members of a team and imparting knowledge
- Able to work with the design of systems 'in the large’ ? designing APIs and protocols to connect our systems together
What’s in it for you?
- A highly competitive salary (based on experience)
- A tangible opportunity for progression and development with the opportunity to work on projects for a number of multi award-winning brands.
- Flexible working and 1 day per week from home
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £1k per year training/conference budget
- £500 per annum in travel vouchers to be redeemed with yourgolftravel.com or spabreaks.com
- Choose your own tools
- Quarterly company socials
- Two 4-day working trips in the UK and abroad to our selected travel destinations.
- Referral bonus of £1k if you introduce new staff to the team
- Friday afternoons for training and non-project work
To find out more about working at Palatinate Tech please check out our Blog at tech.palatinategroup.com /
- Ruby on Rails
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job