Ruby on Rails Developer - Remote - 1 day a fortnight in Bath
Ignite Digital are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to be a core member of the technology team for a progressive start-up, building a ground breaking platform with an opportunity to scale up fast. You'll play an integral role in shaping the success of the platform which has already been hailed as a game changer.
- You must have significant experience in web development. they utilise Ruby on Rails and a modern JS tech stack. Experience with both Ruby on Rails and modern frontend frameworks (such as Vue, React or Angular) is desired but not essential.
- We're looking for someone with skills in one area and are keen to expand into becoming a Full Stack Developer, or perhaps someone with experience in similar frameworks and some experience with RoR who is looking to commit to learning more.
- You should have experience working with developers of different skill levels (using Git and GitHub, code reviews, pair programming).
- They have strong ambitions to grow the product team and, as our software engineering team grows, you'll be helping set standards and the path forward.
- You should have a firm appreciation for a good user experience and instinctively can design and build interfaces in a user-centric way, taking pride in delivering quality and well thought-out work.
- You should be confident in delivering work creatively; this might include initial wireframing or planning user interface workflows, taking precedent from existing UI or design systems.
- You should be confident in your ability to work closely with members of the team, challenging decisions and bringing your own skills and expertise to the table.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience with common testing frameworks and any previous work experience in an environment that utilises Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- They are using technologies such as Rails, PostgreSQL, Stimulus, Vue, Sidekiq, ElasticSearch, Stripe, Heroku and AWS so any prior knowledge or experience of any of these would be a bonus.
- Experience integrating with documented third-party APIs to exchange data or kick off workflows would be advantageous.
- Knowledge or prior work experience within the not-for-profit sector, and perhaps be informed about common workflows and the likely CRMs used (such as Salesforce.org or Blackbaud) would be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product, developing (or continuing to develop) your skills and driving the clients vision for the future of the Third Sector. You'll receive a competitive salary, have flexible and remote working options, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension scheme and plenty of company socials.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'