RTA Fee Earner
About KLS Law
Established for over 25 years’, KLS Law is a respected and experienced law firm that rapidly identifies issues, creating opportunities for clients with specialisms and expertise. Based at the heart of Warrington, the KLS Law legal experts have over 50 employees made up of solicitors and paralegals. KLS Law combines experience and expertise with regard to both personal legal services and business legal services.
We are recruiting for a full time, 37.5 hours per week RTA Fee Earner to pursue settlement of RTA files as soon as practically possible through the MOJ Portal ensuring correct procedures are adhered to. Whilst this is a supervised role the job holder must be able to quickly review files and formulate initial strategy, commence negotiations with client and Third Party representatives and liaise with clients and Insurers where necessary.
To be successful you will need excellent communication skills both orally and written, attention to detail and good team-working skills.
Our practice is based close to Warrington town centre with links to both Warrington Bank Quay and Warrington Central train stations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Opening new files
- Liaising with clients over telephone and taking initial instructions
- Formulating initial strategy for dealing with the claim
- Registering and dealing with claim on Proclaim and MOJ Portal until drops out or settlement, including taking claims to Stage 3
- Undertaking negotiations with Third Party Insurers
- Pursuing settlement as quickly as possible
- Ensuring actions are carried out as per Action Lists on Proclaim
- Processing own bills
- Knowledge of dealing with infant claims and credit hire desirable but not essential
- Ensure Compliance with SRA Code of Conduct 2011
- Ability to manage own case load of RTA Portal Claims
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load
- Excellent listening and verbal skills
- Good telephone negotiation skills
- Ability to follow work procedures and keep to strategy
- Ability to recognise when sensitivity and tact are required
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good IT and Case Management skills
- 09.00 - 17.30 or 8.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch
- Case Management
- Law Firm