Business Development Manager (Agricultural Sector)
Based out of the Newport office, looking at the Livestock sector
Up to £45,000 Basic Salary + Car Allowance (£4,800)
*There will be a potential bonus structure in the new year.
25 Days Annual Leave + 10 Bank Holiday Days. 10% Pension Contribution.
Operating within the Agricultural and Agri-Tech industries, a leading innovation hub are looking to expand their commercial operations, as they move from a predominantly government funded organisation, to the potential of a commercial & profitable business.
- To generate leads from the agricultural livestock sector (including feed and compound companies, equipment suppliers (e.g. milking robots, farm machinery), milk processors, producers, distributors, wholesalers and allied industry representatives (levy organisations, farmer unions etc.) for the services and assets - including project delivery, bespoke research, usage of solution based technologies including:
- 180 cow dairy unit in the South West focusing on the development, testing and demonstration of new technologies and techniques to support sustainable, efficient and high health and welfare milk production
- Pig and dairy unit – trial base on a smaller group of animals (when compared with the SWDDC) (e.g. milking robot, data collection on animal behaviour)
- Converting leads that have been generated by other areas of the business – ranging from the rental of assets/ solutions to commercial projects.
- Understand how to grow a territorial remit and expand within a market vertical, working with existing clients profitably through a key account management approach.
Key Skillset Required:
- Understanding of the livestock, arable, horticultural or aquaculture sectors. Extensive knowledge of either government lead projects or working with large portfolios on a grant funding basis.
- Market insights within the Agricultural, Agri-Tech, Horticultural or similar industries.
- Previous relevant experience working in a senior business development role with a solution/consultative sales approach understanding customer needs and developing solutions.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving profitable revenue growth with a focus on long term client relationships.
- Great negotiating skills and an understanding of key contractual risks.
- Significant exposure to pricing and strong commercial skills.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline (of relevance to role).
Please apply to the position with your most recent CV, or send it through to josh(dot)bailey@reedglobal(dot)com. You can also contact me through LinkedIn – Josh Bailey (Reed Sales)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'