RS Local Branch Assistant - Aberdeen
Being a RS Local Branch Assistant at RS Components is so much more than a customer service sales role! If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding sales position, working as part of a great team then this is the role for you!
As a member of the branch team, you will have a natural talent to be able to communicate effectively with our customers.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To help identify our customer's needs and requirements and maximise sales by using a proactive face to face approach.
- Utilise display and merchandising skills to drive incremental and add-on sales, and provide advice and recommendations for products and services.
- Carry out product search queries and identify RS stock numbers from our supplier part numbers by using our catalogue, website and other technical data sources.
- Pro-actively gain new customers along with maintaining strong relationships that are already established.
- Investigate, record and resolve customer issues from general and technical questions whilst advising on delivery options and dispatches.
- To process customer transactions efficiently and accurately together with undertaking associated warehouse and stock management activities within agreed service levels.
As part of the branch team you will engage in Continuous Improvement and share best practice with colleagues together with having a strong focus on supporting the Field Sales Team and other key support departments within the business to support the larger world class sales teams we can be proud of.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in outbound sales within a customer support environment or face to face sales
- Industry sales knowledge desirable - electrical, electro-mechanical, electronic etc.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a customer facing environment to give a high standard of customer service, resolving any issues with customer's demands.
- Computer literacy is required - MS Word, Excel and excellent keyboarding skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferable - candidate with experience in key responsibility areas
We are looking for proactive, dynamic people who are willing to work hard, willing to provide the flexibility that working in small/medium sized teams demand. People who are looking for the challenges that working in a competitive business environment will provide.
What we can offer
The package (salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme, private health care and much more) that RS offer to its employees will make the job very rewarding and the training and development we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long term career.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online.
RS Components is the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 550,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping more than 46,000 parcels on the same day the orders are received. Our products, sourced from 2,500 leading suppliers, include electronics, automation and control, test and measurement, electrical and mechanical components.
- Customer Service