Brand New Vacancy! RPA Developer - Market Leading Retail Organisation - permanent role
To develop, support and maintain IT solutions that enable and support Business Development and Operation.
- To interact with the other members of the development, infrastructure and project management teams to help design, build and implement robust and resilient solutions that meets user group requirements.
- To adhere to development standards and guidelines.
- To support, maintain and enhance existing IT processes where justification is evident and agreed with the Solution Development Managers.
- To provide ad hoc decision support to senior management.
- To plan, record and report time spent on projects for the purposes of Project Management.
Analysis & Design
- Understand the purpose of the assigned work items.
- Resolve any lack of understanding in requirements with the Solution Development Manager.
- Identify impacts, consequences and potential conflicts of requirements within existing applications.
- Understand and able to write technical design documentation.
- Develop coding designs that meet the user requirements.
- Provide realistic estimates of effort required to complete assigned tasks.
- Liaise with other members of the team to report progress and variance to estimates.
- Ensure that standards and procedures are respected with regard to code management, design and structure. Pay particular attention to the defined use of Source Control systems and the development process.
- Share proposed techniques and approaches with team members and technical leads and engage in regular peer review to promote high standards of code design.
- Ensure unit testing is applied before code completion sign off
- Provide Test and User teams with assistance in development of their test plans.
- Prioritise support requests and redirect if required. Keep user informed of estimated resolution timescales.
- Depending upon the level of support required, liaise with other team members to resolve the item within an effective timescale.
- Take responsibility as point of contact with software and service providers where SLA’s as in place.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to listen effectively and to understand non-technical users’ explanation of technical problems. Able to extract salient points from user interviews. Understanding of the pressures, goals and responsibilities of user representatives.
- Considerable understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and ability to use the language and operating systems specific to the task. Conscientious in testing and able to analyse and research problems. Awareness of emerging techniques and technologies.
- Able to work with other team members, acknowledge and weigh up alternative solutions to problems and to share knowledge and experience.
- Create both technical and user documentation that is both concise and accurate.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate level ability.
- Experience of Robot Process Automation
- Understanding of full Development Life Cycle
- Experience within a Retail organisation
- Minimum of two year experience in a development role.
- TFS source control & Work Item Management
- Experience of Mulesoft API development
On offer is a competitive basic salary + flexible working and real career progression opportunities!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'