EslingKenny are currently recruiting on behalf of a media company based in West London - they are a family run company and have got a real family feel throughout the business. They are an award-winning company and the Financial Controller is heavily focused on the development of his staff. Furthermore, they make a real and genuine commitment to the happiness of their staff, this is echoed by their team morale and vibrant office atmosphere.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to gain valuable experience in a busy role. Ideally the chosen candidate will already have a good understanding of the royalties process. The finance team pride themselves on their can-do attitudes and attention to detail and these will be sought after characteristics from the chosen candidate. The role offers a busy working environment and over time it has every chance to evolve from a royalties position into a more senior accounts position with month end duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must have intermediate excel skills, be hard-working and have good communication skills in order to form strong working relationships across the business. You will be joining a finance team who have a great personality to them and are very warm and welcoming; it is a great team feel throughout the business. Ideally the chosen candidate will be available on short notice, but they will wait 1 month for the right person.
The role will report into the Financial Controller and be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of royalty statements - Quarterly/Monthly
- Compile royalty support schedules - Quarterly/Monthly
- Licensing - Chase/Invoice licensees re. reporting, Maintenance of licensing tracker, Check reporting aligns with contracts
- General ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of royalty journals
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Posting of royalties into accounting system
- Reconciliation of GL balance to royalty accounting statement balance, and correction as required.
- Some royalty statements are P&L based so some accounting experience required.
- Excellent numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Bookkeeping / Accounting Background (AAT an advantage).
- Royalties Experience
The role offers between £28k - £35k per annum (dependent on experience) with a list of excellent benefits. It is an 8 hour working day with an hour for lunch.
If you're interested in this role, click 'applynow' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.