Job reference number 103964
Fleet Maintenance Level 3 Apprenticeships - Heavy Vehicles
- Three-year programme, starting September 2019
- Study a Level 3 apprenticeship standard for Technicians who service and repair heavy vehicles including trailers.
- £12,400 per year (£1,033pm) to £13,900 per year (£1,158pm) starting salary dependant on age plus location allowance (£325 per month inner London or £233 per month outer London) and benefits
- Annual pay rise to a minimum of £27,900 per year (£2,325pm) on completion of the programme
- 30 weeks of training throughout the programme undertaken in 2-week blocks with an industry leading Apprentice training provider at their designated technical training academy in Coalville, Leicestershire (accommodation and travelling costs are paid for)
- Includes driving lessons if required
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Closing date: Noon on 3rd May 2019
- Assessment Centres during May 2019
- Start in September 2019
About the programme
Vehicle maintenance at Royal Mail isn’t what it used to be. Do you want to work on all makes and models of vehicle for the general public and our business customers as well as our own fleet?
If larger vehicles such as HGVs including hydraulics, tail lifts and trailers are your area of interest we service and repair these at over 50 locations with more than 20 fully equipped with double-deck trailer maintenance capability. Join our 3 year Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technicians programme and learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning.
Who we’re looking for
We take individuals with a flair for mechanics and engineering, and turn them into automotive experts;
Apprenticeships are an ideal way for all young people to start a rewarding career. We have some great people working at Royal Mail Group and we are keen to inspire and support girls and women to achieve their potential in any role particularly as vehicle maintenance technicians or as engineers, and technical leaders. Watch the video to see what our current apprentices have to say
Royal Mail has a clear vision to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe and is one of the UK’s largest employers. Achieving our strategy depends on having the best possible talent at all levels in our business, supported by a culture that gives individuals the opportunity to grow and develop. We live our values and take pride in how we do what we do.
If you share our passion and want to help us deliver to c. 30 million addresses across the UK six days a week, you’ll thrive as a Royal Mail Apprentice. Whether you’re working in Royal Mail Fleet, Planning and Programmes, Finance, Sales, Fleet Management, Engineering, Logistics or Operations you’ll be pivotal to the future of Royal Mail.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 3rd May 2019. Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
Apprentice, Transportation, Hydraulics, Engineer, Mailroom, Operations, Entry Level, Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'