ROLE - Buyer (Minerals, FTC to Perm)
SALARY- £35,000 - 38,000 + benefits - this is a 6 month fixed term contract moving to a permanent role.
Buyer Materials, Components and Services, based in West Yorkshire
The post holder will be responsible for purchasing materials, components and/or services.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Buyer to join a leading UK slurry solutions provider, which include transportation, comminution and minerals processing equipment including valves, crushers, screen machines and wear resistant linings for global mining and mineral processing industry.
As a Buyer (ideally CIPS qualified) the main purpose of the role is to be responsible for purchasing materials, components and/or services against the specified levels of quality, delivery, price and total cost.
The post holder will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions; develop strong relationships within the end to end supply chain for their portfolio to deliver a world class supply base for goods and services; and demonstrate procurement excellence. You will also ensure regulatory compliance for the goods and services purchased. You will also be a point of contact for issues relating to supply chain performance and purchasing topics
- Perform required purchasing tasks to procure components, materials, supplies, equipment and services required in a time appropriate manner including: contacting suppliers, obtaining and evaluating quotations, info record maintenance, placing orders, and managing queries and requests for information. Purchases are to be consistent with specified levels of inventory, quality, delivery requirements and price.
- Works with cross functional teams on a variety of projects and other complex issues.
- Develop both new and existing supplier sources.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global, regional or local basis to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact financial results.
- Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
- Participate in cross functional sourcing teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance.
- Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
Supplier Relationship Management
- Assist in the development and management of internal and external end to end supply chains ensuring supply of high quality and competitively priced materials and services.
- Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective sources for relevant commodities
- Maintain an appropriate mix of local suppliers to deliver flexibility and best in class performance
- Manage and maintain critical supplier documents such as NDAs, supplier quality requirements, insurance documents and contractual documents
- Develop and implement Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply in line with VCE principles
- Represent the purchasing department on procurement matters
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Produce reports as and when required
- Support and promote Weir core values and act as an ambassador for the Procurement function
- Ideally you will have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience - MCIPS preferred
- Excellent SAP (or similar) skill
- Knowledge of relevant global supply markets
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements
- Forming win-win partnerships with others. Showing how a plan or strategy can be mutually advantageous in order to gain cooperation. Overcoming objections and progressing business objectives.
- Ability to obtain appropriate market intelligence, analyse and provide concise updates to key stakeholders.
For further information, to be shortlisted please send your CV now!!
SALARY £35,000 - £38,000 + benefits.
LOCATION: Based in West Yorkshire
COMMUTABLE: From Burnley, Halifax, Rochdale, Keighley, Huddersfield.White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job