Enigma People Solutions is seeking a robotics software engineer to join our clients fast growing manufacturing automation company. Our client's mission is to Eliminate the barriers to entry for using automated manufacturing in volume production; automating the manual, dexterous and toxic post-processing steps and are focused on bringing dexterity and reasoning to industrial robotic arms through AI, vision and sensing systems.
Our client is creating software applications, built on top of the open-source robotics stack, ROS, that move a significant part of the design, programming, debugging and testing process to a virtual 3D environment.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. Our client has just received a significant amount of funding and will be hiring multiple engineers in the coming months, to add to the current team of 6.
About this Job
- You will be creating a software application which empowers users to teach a robot to perform the highly dextrous task of post-processing additive manufactured parts
- Design the architecture and develop our teach application with a UI familiar to CAD / CAM users
- Build a bespoke simulator utilising Nvidia PhysX to accurately model the post processing steps of additive manufacturing
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests
- 3+ years experience in Full Stack development
- Proficient in C++
- Able to demonstrate products that you have taken to market
- The ability to write high quality code in at least one of these commonly used languages - Python, Go, Java, C# and C/C++
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with Docker
- Continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins
- Data processing experience
- Data persistence technologies such as MongoDB, and data caching solutions such as Redis
- An understanding of security, reliability, and performance
- An understanding or willingness to learn ROS would be desirable
The team is located in Sheffield, UK. A hidden gem in the centre of the UK - just ask all the university students that end up never leaving! World class rock climbing, mountain/road biking, trail running, hiking, kayaking, award winning craft beer, boutique coffee roasters and some of the best pub food in the world
- Flexible working hours and some remote working available
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Share options
- Post Processing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'