Roaming Store Manager - Avis
Go Places as a Roaming Store Manager with Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of car hire solutions, operating some of the most recognised global brands through Avis and Budget, which have more than 11,000 rental locations in approximately 180 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than 775,000 members.
As a Roaming Store Manager, you have will have the opportunity to visit and work within a wide range of stores and have an impact on each store’s performance. A varied role involving secondments in any of the 10 regional airports to support in times of managerial absence, annual leave, also to support high volume locations during their peak period.
Key duties included:
- Maintaining a regular coaching schedule for employees to minimise the impact of managerial change or absence
- Adapting to each location’s performance strategy to ensure the delivery of a streamlined management message
- Imparting audit knowledge and implementing operational action plans to ensure regional consistency
- Communicating business, territory and location performance to spread knowledge and best practice regionally
- Participation in commercial and fleet calls to maximise profit and ensure pricing strategies optimise fleet availability
Whilst in the store, you’ll actively manage all daily activities that contribute to performance metrics by tracking performance levels and you’ll use your strong team building skills to motivate the team and continuously increase inside and outside sales, revenue and profitability.
In this role, life is busy and we look for people who have the proven capability to:
- Lead improvement strategies
- Track performance levels to establish goals to create action plans and performance improvement strategies
- Recruit, train, motivate, coach employees to ensure Sales, Customer service and quality standards are always met
- Manage and develop business relationships with internal and external stakeholders and promote our brands within communities
- Improve product and service offering with input from colleagues and local teams
- Execute business goals and operating plans to deliver results
- Maximize customer retention and referral through delivery of high customer service and fleet standards measured through Net Promoter scores
- Oversee commercial calls and fleet plans within the territory to optimize revenue per unit, utilization and customer service
- Communicates business, territory and location performance and sets targets and expectations in line with the Company’s business plan
- Ensure operational standards are being met and meet company audit standards
- Ensure Audit compliance controls are effective on internal policies, procedures and security measures within the territory
- Communicate and implement all company’s policies and procedures so that a consistent and safe environment is provided
The ideal candidate must be willing to 'roam’ between stores in the across the region and be happy to travel on a regular basis.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, and bonus/commission quarterly
- Company car, laptop + phone
- Generous pension
- Private medical insurance
- Discounted car rentals
- 24 days holiday per year
At Avis Budget Group we make sure your contributions are recognised and rewarded. From our best in class recognition for top sales performance to our CEO award for outstanding customer service, we’re proud to celebrate and reward colleagues for a job well done.
- Business Travel
- Performance Metrics