Penny Appeal is an award-winning international humanitarian charity offering a range of life-saving humanitarian solutions in over 30-crisis hit countries. As one of the fastest growing charities in the sector, we have transformed countless numbers of lives and empowered communities around the globe helping to break the poverty cycle through our simple vision; taking your small change and making a big difference.
Penny Appeal is a twice Guinness-World-Record holder and works closely with leading celebrities and globally renowned institutions in the UK and beyond in the fight against poverty.
Team-work makes the dream work and Penny Appeal are looking for passionate individuals who seek a dynamic and rewarding career and are able to work in demanding fast-paced environment.
As Roaming General Coordinator you will assist with programmatic and operational management of Country offices. Taking a lead, with the Country CEO, you will develop, oversee implementation, review and monitor the Country’s Programme Strategy and ensure it is in line with Penny Appeal’s strategic directions. You will also be responsible with the Country CEO, for the delivery of new programme initiatives and building capacity of the local office to make optimal use of financial resources.
Interested? To be considered, you will need :-
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a humanitarian/development context
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proven management of diverse and multi-sectoral programmes
- Culturally sensitive and empathic to others
- Ability to work and deliver objectives under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good relationships both with field staff and other stakeholders