Are you immediately available?
Do you have experience in ground works?
Are you physically fit?
Have you successfully worked as part of a team?
Our client needs experienced and skilled labourers/ground workers with highways/streetworks/civils background or knowledge, to work on various projects around York. This temporary role is initially for a 3 month period with the potential to be extended and possibly go permanent. The role is Monday - Friday, 37 hours a week and the rate of pay is £10.30 per hour.
This job will involve working with highways engineers in building, altering and repairing highways and footpaths.
Duties will include the following:
- Pothole repairs
- Traffic management
- Cutting back and removing (weeds, hedges, grass, etc)
- Carriageway surfacing and ironwork
- Patching works
- Drainage installation and repairs
You MUST have:
- Worked on highways/streetworks or civils schemes.
- Experience in hard landscaping processes, e.g., Tarmac, concrete & modular surfacing.
- A working knowledge and experience of using small tools and plant associated with highway construction. (Vibrating plate, Roller, Road saw, Jack-hammer).
- Knowledge of using construction materials
You will need to complete an application form with your work history and we will need two references from previous employers - one of which needs to be your most recent employer. Please make sure that your referees know you are applying.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom. Please email your CV (with reference details) or contact us for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.