A highly regarded Global Logistics Provider offering specialist import and export logistics solutions via air, sea and road is recruiting for a Road Freight Operator / Transport Planner to be based at offices near Heathrow.
Applications from relocators welcome.
- An opportunity to join a forward thinking globally recognised name
- Multi-cultural, supportive and dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary plus benefits including 25 days holiday
- Office location short walking distance from local London underground station
Deliver high quality European road freight transportation solutions for customers through the effective communication with both customers and suppliers to ensure the customers’ needs are satisfied in relation to quality, cost and delivery.
- Execution of European road freight transportation activities in accordance with all customer service requirements
- Adherence of operational margins for mode
- Ensure on-time delivery of cargo in line with customer service requirements
- Provide pricing for spot quote business as per customer requirements
- Actively identify opportunities to reduce transport cost and improve margins
- Utilize problem solving tools and implement corrective actions as appropriate
- Provide world class customer service, and take ownership for assigned customers
- Identify savings opportunities through consolidation activities, in accordance with supplier/customer agreements
- Track loads through to delivery, and provide customer updates, where necessary.
- Ensure that all data is input accurately into operational systems
- Complete invoicing to customers as per company standards
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met in accordance with company standards
- Adherence to standard procedures (control manual) and work instructions
- Maximization of load fill
- Knowledge of hazardous material transport requirements
Knowledge and Skills Required;
- Experience of Road freight operations within a freight forwarding company (including expedites) or a 3PL
- Operational experience of Road planning processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking to solve problems
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge of transport documentation requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- European language skills advantageous
For full details on this exciting opportunity, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- International Logistics
- Road Transport
- European Markets
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'