Salary- £competitive + 3% flexible benefits + discretionary bonus + contributory pension
At Lowell we work with our customers to improve their financial wellbeing. We take the time to get to know each customer and better understand their individual circumstances, working out the best payment plan for them. Our personal approach is why we've been awarded an Exceptional 3 star rating by Investor in Customer for the last two years and why we're one of the UK's leading debt management companies.
We're now looking for a Risk Officer to support the identification, assessment, evaluation and management of risk, within Lowell UK. The primary means for this will be through working in partnership with the business and maintenance and oversight of the company's risk management system.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate the management of Operational Risk and assigned sub risk areas of the UK Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework (EWRMF) and provide day to day business advice to aligned buisness areas to ensure that company processes and procedures are compliant and run in line with Lowells ethical approach. You will also drive the development and maintenance of appropriate controls and measures which ensure adherence to the EWRMF.
You'll be responsible for:
- Support the UK Risk Manager in delivering the second line Risk and Compliance Charter.
- Co-ordinate Operational Risk and specific assigned sub risk areas of the EWRMF. Looking across the UK region, defining generic Risk Library, challenge and author of Operational Risk reporting to UK Risk and Compliance Committee (RACC).
- Work in collaboration with senior management and business function leads across Lowell UK (principally Directors and Heads of) to ensure:
- Major risks are identified and analysed.
- Events identified are logged on the event management system, appropriate corrective action is in place to address, timescales to correct are realistic and actions closed off.
- Provide a professional and pragmatic advisory service across Lowell UK on risk and event matters.
- Support management and make recommendations in the design/implementation of risk MI.
- Input into the development and approach to risk management across Lowell UK, including evolution of the risk management system.
- Promote a positive Risk Culture.
- Support the development of governance, risk and event awareness and training.
- Support Lowell UK maintain quality and integrity in its business systems and dealings with customers, third parties and regulators and that MI from the risk system and reporting meets business need.
- Focus on and promote programmes and developments designed to embed risk management in line with the Groups 3 lines of defence model.
- Prepare reports for RACC, the Board, external bodies and clients.
- Work with the business to develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures, ensuring adherence to the EWRMF, compliance with company policy, legislation and regulatory guidance.
- Highlight specific events and trends and provide recommendations to the business to deliver improvements to processes and procedures.
You'll need to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Business qualification or at least 2 years' experience.
- Experience of working in a financial services environment (Desirable).
- Experience of risk frameworks (I.e. Basel, COSO) their implementation and/or enterprise-wide risk management.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory regime.
- Knowledge of PRIN, GEN, SYSC and CONC.
- Collections industry knowledge and experience.
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you.
So, apply today - what have you got to lose?!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job