We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions.
The Risk Manager will primarily be responsible for rolling out all aspects of an agreed Link/Ulster Bank Risk Framework Policy in respect of a number of loan portfolios under management by Link on behalf of Ulster Bank. The Risk Manager will act as the primary point of contact for Ulster Bank’s operational Risk management team. The role will encompass all aspects of agreed operational risk management with Ulster Bank including trigger event reviews, completion of action plans, risk and control self-assessment reports, monthly risk register reviews with Link appointed UB Risk Champions, providing regular risk reporting (as agreed between the parties) and attending governance meetings.
The Risk Manager will support the Head of Risk in ensuring the Risk Framework is embedded within the business and at all times promoting awareness of risk management throughout the business.
This role will require the candidate to have at least 5 years’ experience working within a Risk function preferably within a financial services institution and have in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry.
Initially this position will be a 12 month fixed term contract
- Oversight and implementation of the agreed Link Ulster Bank Risk Framework Policy, including the roll out, maintenance and monthly review of business unit risk registers, completion of quarterly risk and control self-assessment reports and risk acceptance policies in lien with agreed client deliverables;
- Oversight and implementation of the agreed Link Ulster Bank Trigger Event policy;
- Completion of action plans as result of trigger events and associated client reporting in respect of same;
- Ensure the capturing of relevant data where Trigger Events occur and the reporting of same to client as required.
- Oversee the investigation of risk issues or potential risk issues that arise within the business and ensure the appropriate follow up is performed.
- Completion of all agreed risk reporting processes both internally (e.g. Link ASI Limited Risk Committee reports - as required in respect of service deliverables) and externally (e.g. client risk reporting);
- Manage client relationships where Risk services are provided, and ensure a high quality service is delivered to clients on a timely basis and in line with contractual deliverables;
- Critically review/challenge the reporting of business risks by risk champions to the relevant risk registers, completion and evidencing of action plan and reporting to the agreed Ulster Bank governance structures thereby providing the client and Link business with an independent layer of analysis, review and challenge;
- Encourage the sharing of best practice and issue resolution across business areas;
- Responsible for ensuring the Link Ulster Bank agreed Risk policies are rolled out across the business, and the policies are maintained and updated as required;
- Acting as the Risk work stream lead on allocated internal client projects where required;
- Fostering and encouraging a culture of risk awareness and risk management across Link ASI Limited; and Professional: acts as a leader within the business and with our client but quickly establishing personal credibility as a trusted "go to" person.
- The ideal candidate will have a BS or BA third level qualification from a leading university or equivalent
- Extensive years’ industry experience working within a Risk function (or a related control discipline) in a financial services institution or loan servicer.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory concepts and other key areas of risk management within the operational risk environment;
- A sound understanding of financial concepts and risk management, with expertise in multiple financial processes and systems, coupled with good technical knowledge and analytical skills
- Capacity to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy are essential while sometimes working against demanding reporting deadlines;
- A quick learner with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, team orientation, and comfortable working at a senior level and counterparts in different organisations and geographical locations.
- Dynamic self-starter, able to work independently balancing multiple priorities, demonstrating good organisational, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to find logical or innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems and implement associated action plans;
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels; both internally and externally with clients; and experience and understanding of project environment is desirable but not essential.
Our people are the reason we are able to deliver market-leading data and information solutions for companies worldwide. That's why we invest heavily in our employees globally by providing great career progression and training opportunities, working environment and employee benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job