Police Mutual recognises the important role that an effective risk function plays in enhancing and protecting value through optimising the Group’s risk and capital positon in pursuit of its overall Business Strategy.
As a mutual, serving the needs of our Police and Military affinities through the Police Mutual and Forces Mutual brands, we take our responsibility to members seriously. What’s more, serving the markets we do, we understand that we simply cannot afford not to fulfil this purpose. 'Improving the lives’ of members is a simple thing to say, but it’s not something many companies find easy to demonstrate. For the Police Mutual Group, it’s the reason we exist.
We are currently recruiting for a Risk Manager to join our Risk team in our Lichfield Head Office with the main purpose of the role being to support the design and delivery of the Risk Management Framework.
Within this role you will…
- Assist the Managing Board in articulating its appetite for and management of key business risks
- Lead on ensuring risk policies are in place and maintained in line with changes within the business and regulatory environment
- Undertake a programme of appropriate Independent Risk Reviews
- Support the Head of Enterprise Risk in advising the Managing Board and Executive Management on risks, capital and liquidity related matters
- Provide proportionate second line oversight and assurance of in-scope Business Areas, including Investment Management and Technical Pricing
- Provide timely, constructive and insightful risk inputs, (risk reviews, advice and guidance) in accordance with the Risk Function’s mandate
What we need from you…
- Significant relevant business experience in financial services, particularly in insurance
- Experience within an insurance or Financial Services business environment with practical understanding of how the business processes and internal systems of control and risks operate
- Independent and objective thinking with an ability to build good working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Good knowledge, skills and experience of implementing and exercising oversight of business risk frameworks
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment and how regulatory expectations are likely to evolve
- Experience of developing and implementing key risk indicator and risk assurance programmes
We provide a great working environment and offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 27 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
- Financial Services
- Risk Management
- 2nd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"