Recruit 121 are working with well respected and growing company to recruit a risk manager to the senior team.
The post holder will be expected to make a significant contribution to the overall success of the services in implementing strategic vision and strategy within all areas of incident, Risk, Resilience and business continuity ensuring these are delivered through clear objectives and targets. Responsible for the development and implementation of a coordinated and consistent approach to risk management across the company promoting and maintaining key internal policies in line with the Group’s risk management framework. To produce the Board Assurance Framework report and other monthly/quarterly reports as required for Group Board and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To lead the Risk Management agenda across the company ensuring all aspects of the business are actively engaged and supported in recording, reviewing and updating risks, paying close attention to the effectiveness of controls and assurances in place, that risks are correctly graded and any remedial actions completed before closure.
- To produce the Board Assurance Framework report and other monthly/quarterly reports as required for Group Board and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To deliver regular Risk & Resilience workshops to new and existing managers and work with the Head of Risk to develop systems to meet business requirements.
- To ensure the Group has a robust Major Incident Plan to support an emergency situation requiring a Strategic Coordinating Group (GOLD Command) level response, including supporting On Call Packs. Develop and implement action plans to address any potential gaps in this response Manage resources identified to support this responsibility and provide leadership on specialist emergency preparedness and resilience issues.
- Advise and provide the board and Group Company Secretary with strategic direction to the business to make major decisions, including implementing their major incident plans. Ensure that the Group has robust systems in place to manage a major incident (e.g., accurate systems to record information received and log decisions made), appropriately equipped facilities (e.g., major incidents rooms) and logistical arrangements.
- Provide and prepare written reports and reviews on Risks, Incidents, Emergency Preparedness, response and resilience as required for ELT, Audit & Risk Committee and the Board.
- Propose new ways of working and service change to comply with complex/conflicting guidance and legislation, in positive and hostile environments.
- Maintain relevant records, ensuring accurate data input into all computerised systems.
- Comply with Group and Home Office Legislative requirements for confidentiality.
- Undertake continuing professional development, including mandatory and statutory updating, maintaining a portfolio.
- Support Risk management activities within the wider Governance & Assurance team as required
- Manager 1 team member
- Flexibility & resilience
- Meeting customer needs
- Interpersonal understanding
- Commercial focus
- Future Focus
- Impact and Influencing
- Building Relationships
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Developing Others
- Personal Learning & Growth
Experience of leading and managing the Risk Management function across the business to include management of incidents, Risks, Resilience and business continuity.
Experience of implementing and operating Risk Management Systems and ability to scope, manage and deliver projects effectively.
IT literate (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel).
Excellent communication skills along with independence, self-motivation, analytical skills, attention to detail, time management skills and ability work under pressure to meet deadlines.
An ability to think strategically, making a significant contribution to the formulation of policy, processes and improvements. Strong interpersonal skills including:
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- The ability to translate legislation and standards into practical policy and procedure.
Holder of recognised qualification in Risk Management / Emergency Planning or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge through extensive experience.
This is an exciting role with great potential to grow and progress within the company
Salary - £35k DOE
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job