We are looking for an experienced and commercial Risk Manager to join our team at Eldon, who will be responsible for creating a risk management function, identifying risks and embedding risk framework across the business.
The successful candidate will have a commercial focus and will have worked in a similar role previously in an agile and fast-paced environment. The Risk Manager will be very hands on, being able to identify risks and advise the business across different sites and business streams.
Responsibilities of the Risk Manager:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Eldon, providing pragmatic, commercial and strategic consulting advice and assistance to the business, to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of their approaches to governance and the management of regulatory risk
- Ensure that advice on governance and regulatory risk is practical, pragmatic and proportionate - adding value to the business, whilst complying with all relevant aspects of regulation covering compliance, risk management operations, requirements of key persons, systems and controls
- Work effectively with other departments from across different disciplines including risk management, actuarial, finance and compliance
- Support the growth of Eldon by building strong relationships
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a commercial Risk Manager in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Significant and relevant experience implementing and overseeing all key aspects of governance gained
- A strong knowledge of, experience and network in the UK insurance industry, focused on regulatory risk and governance
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to develop trusted business relationships, including influencing peers and clients, and building a pipeline of potential business development opportunities
- Strong communication skills and high quality written outputs - able to explain complex topics to people from a wide variety of backgrounds in clear terms to inform decision making. Comfortable presenting to and liaising with senior stakeholders, including Board members.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team at Eldon. If you want to develop your career in a firm with provides an exciting work culture, growth, innovation and engaging projects, apply today.
- Commercial Focus