About the role
Balfour Beatty is looking a Risk Manager to join our new Joint Venture as BBV on our newly awarded HS2 projects.
The role will be based in our project office in Birmingham, supporting the JV to establish, communicate and manage the use of the BBV and HS2 risk management methodologies, tools and techniques including both Qualitative and Quantitative approaches. It is also to ensure all Risk reporting required by BBV and HS2 is carried out in the required timescales.
- Ensure clarity and communication of the project’s risk management objectives, direction, policies, risk appetite and risk limits and identifying and managing risk.
- Works with project leaders to establish, maintain and continuously improve opportunity and risk management capabilities and practices.
- Oversees the risk management process for the project.
- Promote the benefits of the risk management and ensure the effective communication of risk throughout the project.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Management Plan
- To assist in developing risk mitigation strategies for the project’s critical risks and for monitoring these risks through risk registers.
- Facilitating the identification and response of project risk including reviews and workshops
- Mentoring project staff on aspects of the risk management process
- Ensuring the risk register is completed and maintained
- Analysis of risk information using qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Aggregation and reporting of risks within the project
Who we're looking for
- Has experience of working in a risk management leadership role in a construction / civil engineering project based environment
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion
- Has good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities that will add value to their function
- Is a team player
- Acts in an independent and professional manner, remaining considerate of the needs of the business
Why work for us
High Speed 2 (HS2) will dramatically increase Britain's rail capacity and shape the future of rail travel.
This new railway will transform Britain: driving regeneration, jobs and growth, and introducing new skills for people at all levels in multiple industries.
Balfour Beatty, along with our joint venture partner company VINCI, has recently been awarded two contracts on the HS2 project, worth a total of c. £2.5 billion. We will design and build two key stages of the new high speed line and we are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, groundbreaking project.
Balfour Beatty, along with our joint venture partner company VINCI, has recently been awarded two contracts on the HS2 project, worth a total of c. £2.5 billion. We will design and build two key stages of the new high speed line and we are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, groungbreaking project.
- Risk Management