Venn Group is currently working with a local authority in the South West who is looking for a Risk Manager to help move their risk management arrangements forward. This position will be for 3 months, paying £26 per hour (umbrella/ltd and inside IR35).
- Launch and roll out new requirements to managers and members across the organisation, including publishing and facilitating training with management teams
- Work with strategy teams to embed consideration of risk in strategic and operational planning, project management and decision making processes
- Work with risk managers to improve quality and consistency of risk information presented in Corporate Risk Register (CRR)
- Maintain CRR as an effective management tool with SLT and cabinet, with at least quarterly updates
- Improve CRR alignment to reflect risks to achieve corporate proprieties and objectives
- Oversee application of policy including identifications and escalation of risks to the CRR and described
- Strong risk management background and be able to advise management across the council on managing risks
- Excellent interpersonal skills as the role will be around facilitation and challenge with officers at all levels
- Experience and understanding of public sector risk management would be helpful
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Jamie John on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.