This is an extremely varied and interesting role for someone wanting to play a key part in the continued success of a growing business by ensuring our risks are well understood, managed and reported on across the Group. This is a Second Line role, reporting to the Chief Risk Officer as part of the wider Compliance & Risk function.
The Risk team work on a stakeholder model. You will have responsibility for agreed areas of the business and be responsible for the provision of risk expertise, challenge and guidance as well as working with the areas to ensure they comply with all aspects of our Risk Management Framework and the ICAAP regime.
This is a varied and challenging role and you will be a core member of a small team with a significant influence on our business at an exciting time of growth and new propositions.
We will also help you develop a career in Risk Management and support is available to you to study for industry recognised qualifications.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Investigate and report on risk and business data
- Review and challenge risk event and other risk related MI
- Liaise with departmental heads and risk owners in ensuring completion of quality departmental risk registers
- Identify training needs for area of responsibility
- Provision of risk training to the business
- Train departmental risk champions on risk management practice
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required
- Monitor and report on compliance with the Risk Management Framework
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure business areas are supporting ICAAP deliverable
- Educated to degree level (or relevant experience)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Financial Services
- Understanding of Risk Management
- Financial services related qualifications
- Risk Management qualification
- Understanding of the Platform industry
- Understanding of the ICAAP regime Experience of working with advice and marketing teams
- Experience of project management or project driven work
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce. As part of your application we would be grateful if you could complete an equal opportunities section. The information will be used solely for diversity monitoring purposes and is not visible to the person reviewing your application form.