Shawbrook is a specialist UK savings and lending bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable returns and sustainable growth, and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer needs.
Provides finance to the specialist residential investment and commercial property mortgage market and to professional property investors and SME owner-occupiers. Second charge mortgages to consumers.
We primarily finance business critical assets operated by established UK SME and healthcare businesses. In addition, we provide facilities to smaller UK financial institutions through wholesale and block facilities.
Consumer lending operates through relationships with major home improvement firms, in-store and online retailers, carefully selected holiday ownership companies and loan broker partners.
We employ over 750 staff.
To manage the 1st line risk management activity of commercial property. Ensure an effective and efficient risk management architecture, governance and operating framework which supports the business objectives whilst maintaining the required risk standards. Provide subject matter expert knowledge to support the development of systems, processes and procedures to deliver an efficient and effective risk operation. Manage a suite of policies, procedures and processes documentation to comply with all internal and external regulations. Be responsible for the effective operation of the divisional risk committees and contributions to the group and board risk committees. Contribute 1st Line due diligence on acquisitions and on-going forward flow agreements.
Key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Support line 1 CP risk and CP business areas to embed bank and divisional risk management framework.
- Integrate group risk policies within CP operations to ensure compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Manage and maintain the divisional suite of asset class policies and lending guidelines in order to provide the business with the required policies, process and procedures to deliver to the banks objectives.
- In partnership with the business areas, develop and maintain divisional standard operating procedures for all risk activity within CP.
- Co-ordinate and provide expert opinion to all relevant change and systems project to support the successful delivery of project objectives. Other ad -hoc project work and activities as required.
- Central point of contact for 2nd Line and Internal audit actions and liaise with the business areas to deliver outcomes and in line with due dates.
- Management of line 1 responsibilities for board and group risk committees and actions that arise to be executed.
- Point of contact for central risk functions across all CP in respect of conduct risk, fraud risk, operational risk and compliance risk.
- Providing support, education and training to CP staff on risk management framework related issues.
- Management of panel valuers and relationship of panel manager.
- Ownership of annual review process with 3rd parties and internal reviews and processes.
- An excellent understanding of the commercial mortgage, residential and commercial real estate sector
- A good knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing
- Knowledge of TCF
- Good knowledge of compliance procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Advanced at the reading of financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to underwriting
- Adaptable & flexible
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Proactive & Self Driven
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure
- Risk Management
- 1st Line
- Commercial Property Owners
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'