We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Operational Risk & Governance team are looking for an Operational Risk Manager to support the Head of the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the M&G Group..
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Relationship management focus on the front office (fixed income, equities, multi-asset), product development and marketing & distribution teams.
- Support the delivery of the team strategy, ensuring that this remains aligned with the strategy of the Operational Risk & Governance team and the wider M&G Group.
- Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and best practise regarding operational risk.
- Maintaining an awareness of regulatory and industry developments that may affect the risk profile of the M&G Group.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with the business to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the M&G Group, including:
- Ensuring the appropriate processes are in place to identify, monitor, challenge and report operational risks, controls and actions.
- Ensuring the Control Self Certification and risk appetite processes are in place.
- Oversight of operational incidents, including the performance of Operational Incident Reviews to analyse the cause and impact of errors, and working with the business to agree actions to prevent reoccurrence and report findings.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the M&G Operational Risk Framework.
- Attending relevant business meetings (boards, committees, groups, forums).
- Ensuring issues are reported to senior management in a timely manner.
- Providing appropriate operational risk support to projects
- Managing the Risk Analysts and Junior Risk Analysts, ensuring appropriate deployment, support and development
- Supporting the members of the Operational Risk & Advisory team in their activities, when required
What we are looking for:
You should have previous experience in managing an operational risk framework from a first or second line of defence perspective, working knowledge of the FCA, their current areas of focus, and specifically their views on best practice and conduct. You should be pragmatic in both analytical thinking and problem solving, have strong written and verbal communications skills as well as planning, organising and delivering skills, excellent influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationship along with experience in managing change and implementing strategic direction.
Along with the above a relevant professional qualification (e.g. IRM Diploma in Risk Management, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA) would be desirable as well as appreciation of corporate governance requirements and experience of working in Financial Services, preferably an Asset Management business.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.