We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Risk Analyst to assist the risk management team in the fulfilment of their second line of defence obligations to ensure that market and credit risks are controlled by the business. The role will involve working within the team under the direction of senior risk analysts with opportunities to work with a broad range of front and back office teams across the M&G business.
You will be responsible for:
• Support the production and development of fund monitoring and valuation systems/processes.
• Carry out research on market data in order to understand risk and pricing drivers.
• Support the production and development of portfolio risk reporting including the development of new ideas to improve risk oversight.
• To support the Risk Analysis team in the completion of its assignments and investigations with particular focus on new product and strategies.
• Bespoke requests as directed by the senior analysts or other teams across the business
• Production and development of Value at Risk and stress testing reports
• Provision of valuations for the firms OTC and private asset books.
• Production and development of risk reports of derivative based products/funds limits and exposures.
• To support the Risk Management team in the completion of its assignments and investigations.
• To undertake other ad hoc projects as required.
What we are looking for:
It is essential for you to be able to demonstrate relevant experience gained within a Financial Institution, Investment Bank or Asset Management. You will have a strong understanding of financial markets, have experience in performing risk analysis and a solid understanding of OTC Derivatives and collateralised credit exposure. You will also be a self-starter with the ability for forge relationships with the business stakeholders and have excellent analytical abilities, with strong written and verbal communication skills. It is ideal for you to have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job