The role is with a multi-national asset management firm with Headquarters in London. Their customers include individual savers and investors, members of pension schemes and life insurance policyholders. The company currently manages almost £300 billion of customer assets in investments including bonds, equities, infrastructure, property, alternatives and cash. About 2000 employees globally, with 1400 in their London office. The company is big enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Risk Analyst to assist the risk management team in the fulfilment of their second line of defence obligations to ensure that market and credit risks are controlled by the business. The role will involve working within the team under the direction of senior risk analysts with opportunities to work with a broad range of front and back office teams across the business. As part of your role you will be:
- Supporting the production and development of fund monitoring and valuation systems/processes
- Carrying out research on market data in order to understand risk and pricing drivers
- Supporting the production and development of portfolio risk reporting as well as supporting the Risk Analysis team in the completion of its assignments and investigations with a particular focus on new product and strategies
- Responsible for production and development of Value at Risk and stress testing reports
- Provision of valuations for the firms OTC and private asset books
- Production and development of risk reports of derivative-based products/funds limits and exposures
- Supporting the Risk Management team in the completion of its assignments and investigations
- Undertaking other ad hoc projects as required.
- University degree (accounting, finance or economics) and/or relevant industry qualification
- Relevant experience gained within a Financial Institution, Investment Bank or Asset Management.
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Experience in performing risk analysis and a solid understanding of OTC Derivatives and collateralised credit exposure
- Self-starter with the ability for forge relationships with the business stakeholders
- Have excellent analytical abilities, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job