Risk Framework Manager
My client is a leading Financial Services company and they are currently searching for an Enterprise Risk professional to join their Business Finance Division. The role holder will lead the implementation and embedding of the Group Enterprise Risk Framework and ensure that the business is identifying and managing its most material risks and thereby achieving its Strategic objectives in the most efficient way.
- Provide advice, guidance and challenge to support the application of ERM framework
- Coordinate and drive the Risk Register process across the business to ensure it is being used to manage risks and not seen as a bureaucratic exercise
- Drive Control effectiveness to ensure key controls are identified, assessed and the strength of them is regularly evidenced through KPIs and testing
- Develop relationship with key stakeholders to provide robust challenge on the output of Risk & Control assessments
- Ensure key risks and controls are identified, assessed, managed, monitoredand documented by providing support to Management/Risk Owners (but do not own or manage them on behalf of risk owners)
- Ensure risks are being managed within the Risk appetite limits and escalate out of appetite risks
- Challenge/advise risk owners on the adequacy of controls to meet Policies and Policy standards
- Coordinate the pulling together of MI for the Policy owners to ensure they are being complied with
- Produce and analyse Risk MI for Business Forums and Committees and for Group Committees.
The role holder will have a balance of highly technical skills/knowledge with a commercial/operational acumen. The role demands an individual with gravitas and credibility and the ability to engage effectively at all levels.
- Degree level education
- Detailed knowledge of UK Financial Services
- A deep knowledge of Operational/Enterprise Wide Risk frameworks and their application
- Broad knowledge of Regulatory and Legislative requirements applicable to a Financial Services organisation and ideally a Consumer credit business
- A relevant qualification e.g. Institute of Risk Management Certificate or Diploma would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally, a knowledge of Consumer credit products and markets
- Strong analytical skills are required with an eye for detail but able to see 'the bigger picture’
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly establish relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills are essential to communicate complex concepts to non-risk professionals in a concise, easy to understand manner
- Strong commercial acumen to be able to relate Risk Management to the success in achieving its Strategic objectives
- Excellent project management skills to lead the development and implementation of mini projects
- Not afraid to take responsibility and make critical decisions that may be unpopular
- Ability to deal with any conflicts positively and objectively
- Assertiveness is essential to be able to challenge senior management on the effectiveness of risk management
- A proven Operational/Enterprise Risk Professional with a minimum of 5-10 years of direct experience of designing and implementing Operational/Enterprise Risk management frameworks and the quantification and mitigation of risks.
- Experience or exposure to financial services compliance activities would be an advantage
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector.
- Financial Services
- Risk Management