Risk Framework Manager
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
Operational Risk & Governance is responsible for risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with M&G Executive, Management across the Business and Prudential Group Head Office Risk.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Risk Framework team. The team are looking for a Manager and risk professional to lead the team. The Manager will be supported by risk analysts and will report into the Head of Risk Framework and Reporting.
On a day to day basis you will be required to:
Along with managing and leading the Risk Framework team, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the definition, development and delivery of an effective Risk Framework Team.
- Setting the strategy, priorities and resourcing of the team ensuring they are aligned with the strategy of the risk department, the business, clients, shareholders and regulators.
- Leading, overseeing and managing the Risk Framework Team in their responsibilities for developing and maintaining the M&G Risk Appetite Statement and Framework and the supporting Operational Risk Policy and Standards, providing focused risk sessions and training to the business and developing and maintaining an ORG intranet site to host information.
- Continuously seeking to improve risk documentation, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders.
- Escalating key Risk Framework issues to M&G Executive, Senior Management and Prudential Group Head Office.
- Attending relevant business meetings (boards, committees, groups, forums) where requested.
- Maintaining an active awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments and enhancing key risk documentation and reporting to align to these.
- Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the NEDs, Executives and Management across the business.
- Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider risk team and liaising with other areas within M&G and across Prudential to assist in developing a co-ordinated approach to risk reporting (e.g. Compliance).
What are we looking for:
You should have proven experience of leading and managing team, excellent written and verbal communication skills to an Executive, Board and Committee level. You should be client focused, and forward looking, with the intention to add value, curious and continually looking to seek out improvements, have strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time be an excellent influencer and the ability to build effective relationships. Previous experience of developing and evolving Risk Frameworks, Policies and Standards is desirable along with previous delivery of training initiatives, experience of operational risk within financial services, preferably within Asset Management business as well proven experience of people management. You should ideally have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. IRM Diploma in Risk Mgt, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA).
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job