We're Norton Rose Fulbright - a global law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide.
Our Newcastle Hub is currently recruiting for a Risk & Compliance Lawyer. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we're looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we're building a culture where difference is valued.
Our office is based right next to the Tyne Bridge and within striking distance of the City Centre and although we are all working remotely currently, longer term we are proud to offer a hybrid working model retaining the best elements of remote and in-office working to create a culture of high performance though flexibility and encouraging a healthy work/life balance of working arrangements.
We are looking for a Risk & Compliance Lawyer to join the NRFLLP Compliance Team, based in Newcastle. The Newcastle team is currently constituted of Risk & Compliance Officers focusing primarily on conflicts analysis and resolution, so it is essential that the role holder is experienced at conflicts resolution at a high level, has the trust and confidence of the partners, can provide legally astute and commercial advice and make appropriate decisions.
Skills and Experience Required
- Be a qualified solicitor, REL, RFL, or qualified in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the United States.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working as a fee-earner in a commercial law firm or in the regulatory area in a similar international legal practice.
- An awareness of English professional conduct requirements and experience of applying English conflicts rules and laws and a working knowledge of US conflicts rules is desirable.
- Analytical thinking; with strong communication skills with experience of operating in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have sufficient influencing skills to work successfully & confidently at all levels including with senior management and partners.
- Be fully conversant with the Associate's primary duties as to confidentiality and client care.
Our clients come first and whilst we have a high performance culture and work hard as a team, in return we offer range of competitive benefits including:
- 25 days hols + Bank hols - Buy/sell
- GP Service
- Bupa Heathcare
- Flexible working
In addition, we are proud of our established health and wellbeing programme which supports our employees through mental, physical and lifestyle challenges.
Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks.
Norton Rose Fulbright is an equal opportunities employer. We will make reasonable adjustments to our application process to ensure that you have the best chance of success. We understand that there's not a "one size fits all" approach to adjustments so our team will work with you individually to understand more about your requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'