Responsible Lending, a specialist equity release mortgage lender, has an exciting opening for a Risk & Compliance Analyst to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The position represents a great opportunity for someone with the relevant skill set and experience to take up an important role in our growing business.
Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager the successful candidate will take up an integral role in the design & implementation of the compliance and risk policies & processes and ensure successful embedding across the business. The ideal candidate for us would be someone with previous Risk Management and Compliance experience within a financial services environment, however, candidates with alternative suitable experience will also be considered.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the broad compliance requirements for all financial services businesses e.g. KYC, T&C, DISP, Approved Persons regime, Financial Crime, TCF etc
- Knowledge of lifetime mortgage financial operating processes, procedures and controls (MCOB 8 & 9) desirable but not essential
- Currently acting as a risk and/or compliance analyst with day to day exposure to compliance monitoring and risk management
- Able to identify new risks or the inadequacy of existing controls and to seek improvement
- Able to challenge & influence management as to the alignment of business activities with the compliance and risk policies and procedures
- Able to analyse data and make recommendations based on this analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (strong Excel skills an advantage)
- Ability to use recognised risk management tools (KRI’s, CSA, Risk Registers) in a live environment
On offer for the successful applicant is the opportunity to work as part of a close-knit, growing team within our Princess Court office, Plymouth. We are able to offer the following benefits for the successful applicant:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- NEST pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
The role will be working 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
If you have the required skills and experience for this role it would be great to hear from you.
- Financial Services