Reporting directly to and acting as deputy to the Director, you will be responsible for supporting the Director in implementation of agreed sector growth strategies as well as day to day oversight and delivery of risk based internal audit services to clients’ across the, Education and Charities portfolio nationally. The team has experienced strong growth in recent years and is well placed to build on this further.
You will take a proactive role in implementation of agreed sector growth strategies and business development assisting with targeting, proposal writing and pitching for new and existing client work as well as thought leadership and communication to prospective and current clients nationally. In addition the role will involve day to day client and practice management, supported by respective engagement managers, including resource planning, ensuring delivery of a high quality internal audit service to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, attending audit committees and management of financial performance.
• Implementation of agreed sector growth strategies for education and charities nationally including key internal and external stakeholders;
• Responsible for day to day oversight and management of an client portfolio spanning education and charities organisations nationally;
• Pro-actively maintains a good understanding of all aspects of client delivery including resourcing and working to achieve agreed timescales;
• Builds strong and maintains good working relationships with the client, including regular progress meetings with key stakeholders and ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Review and finalisation of internal audit reports for issue to clients;
• Acts as a point of contact for Director/Partners and client, pro-actively ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of plans;
• Attendance at Audit Committee’;
• Day to day management of the Engagement Manager team, providing direction, advice and support as required.
• People management and development responsibilities: annual appraisals, performance management, employee engagement.
• Responsibility of managing and tracking financial performance across the client portfolio, whilst contributing to the RAS overall financial objectives and the budget.
• Responsible for business development, including proposals and presentations as well as thought leadership and communications to prospective and current clients.
• To deliver confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
• Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Sees opportunities and prospects for new work.•
• Educated to degree level and qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA,IIA or equivalent;
• Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and a team of managers/staff;
• Experience of leading and delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team;
• Experience in working within Education and Charities arena. Equally, experience/familiarity with Health and Central Government and Arm’s Length Bodies although not essential.
• Possesses a sound technical understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector;
• Proven people management experience;
• Experience of following a risk based audit approach;
• As this position involves client contact at a senior level, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
• Desire to help grow and develop the department;
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
• Ability to identify issues though sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
• Ability to develop self and others.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job