Risk Assessment Manager
£40,000 per annum + car allowance
Home based - location flexible
37.5 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead a team of Risk Assessment Surveyors across Stonewater. The location is flexible and can be based in the South, West or East & North divisions.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of Fire and General Risk Assessments across Stonewater, ensuring that these are completed in accordance with policies and procedures and priority timescales.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Ensuring that Fire and General Risk Assessments are completed in accordance with policies and procedures and priority timescales.
- Responsible for producing and monitoring annual risk assessment programmes;
- The procurement of fire servicing and testing contracts, including the monitoring of such contracts;
- Liaison with the compliance team and safety agencies to ensure we are meeting the requirements of a "responsible person";
- To provide advice and support to staff in other service areas, including managing agents.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- You should have a good working knowledge of fire safety legislation and building construction, with strong experience of working in a risk-based environment.
- A strong communicator, you should have the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, and to confidently manage and lead your team.
- An effective decision-maker, you should have a methodical and organised approach with the ability to problem-solve and deliver solutions.
- You will have good project management skills and experience of procuring and managing contracts and monitoring costs.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, and have a diploma in surveying practice or equivalent.
- Competency in IT applications and business systems is required, together with the ability to produce reports and manage budgets.
- A full driving license valid in the UK
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: Monday 19 March 2018
Interview Dates: Wednesday 4 April 2018