Corona Energy is a leading independent energy supplier to UK businesses supplying gas and electricity to commercial, industrial and public clients, currently the third largest gas supplier in the UK. With over 12,000 customers and more than 200 employees based in our vibrant Watford office, we are a people focused organisation where we actively embrace a coaching culture to develop personally and professionally. We encourage an active involvement in company initiatives such as 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, as well as having photos and other media of yourself on marketing material. With the vast majority of our employees rating us as good or excellent to work for - what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
What does the job entail?
The purpose of the Risk and Reporting Analyst is to own the running of our CORE risk reports, manage the data therein, maintain and develop the models, analyse the results to provide detailed information with clear summaries and recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owning the running and maintenance of the position reports to monitor Corona’s gas and power risks
- Owning the running and maintenance of the Customer position and sales reporting
- Analysis of the report results to assure that the business in operating with approved policies
- Detect, investigate and resolve all an anomalous results, or breaches of policies or limits
- Make recommendations on trade executions required to adhere to hedging strategies
- Instruct Macquarie Bank to execute trades according to agreed hedging strategies
- Provide insight on the progress against financial targets
- Provide insight to the market risk exposure the company faces the effectiveness of the hedging strategies
- Complete second person and trade cycle checks
- Own adhoc analysis, as required, on position, trading and sales data, providing results in a clear and interpretable format, with insightful narratives and where required explanations and recommendations.
Behaviours, Skills & Experience:
- Good numeric competency and analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Motivated by completing CORE business critical reporting to a high standard every time
- Good interpersonal skills, drive to learn, develop, innovate and improve
- Ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions
- Able to organise their day to complete a number of tasks and willingness to get the job done
- Operates in an open, honest manner showing the utmost of integrity
- Willing to contribute to team discussions and debates, sharing their opinions in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Takes responsibility and ownership of completing work to required standard.
- Takes responsibility for their actions and decisions, learning from them on the way
- Is proactive and curious.
- Owns issues and their resolutions, helps others in achieving the same
- Able to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities through their previous work experiences
- Advanced Excel