Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
A key member of our Control & Governance team, the role holder will further embed and maintain our Risk Management Strategy and Framework (including its System of Governance) and ensure that we embrace a co-ordinated, consistent and proactive approach to risk management activity across all insurance business functions, this will include:
- Become a trusted advisor to the Executive Team (CF29 approved persons) on processes and customer journeys aligned with compliance, conduct, risk policies and standards to ensure all customers are treated fairly and receive good customer outcomes
- Championing the continuous development of our risk policy, promoting awareness and embedding an understanding of risk management.
- Developing effective controls with all Executives & senior managers and delivering expert support and advice is offered to manage risk within tolerance
- Embedding the Risk Framework in our insurance business - including risk management policies, tools, process and procedures, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of any mitigation activity (including incidents) on an on-going basis and in accordance with formal regulatory requirements (ICOBS)
- A strategic thinker with a commercial mindset and an ethos based on operational excellence
- Substantial knowledge of risk, control and regulation across 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defence
- Strong track record of managijng change and transforming business processes to improve risk, control and regulatory compliance
- Experience of leading diverse teams / functions of significant size and scale in a large complex, matrix organisation
- Adept at senior stakeholder management with extensive experience of working in Financial Services at a senior level
Bupa offer a generous starting salary and benefits package which includes bonus, Bupa cover, excellent pension with associated life assurance/critical illness cover, 25 days holiday, free onsite gym and a raft of other benefits. Being a healthcare business though there is an immense focus on work-life balance and the offices are friendly, but intense and usually mostly deserted shortly after the end of a standard working day.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit ourwebsite
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit our website
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job