We’re seeking an experienced and delivery focused Risk and Compliance Manager to have the overall responsibility for ensuring consistent standards and compliant behaviour within our new Banking client. You will be responsible for embedding effective risk assessment and reporting frameworks and facilitating the proactive management of business risks. This is a pivotal role in ensuring the development of a positive approach to risk and compliance management within the bank’s operational strategy, ensuring there are consistent standards and compliant behaviour.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Providing expertise, guidance and advice on a wide range of regulatory issues to proactively engage with senior stakeholders and enable the Bank to compliantly fulfil their obligations
- Presenting regular updates to the Bank on the latest changes in the risk and compliance landscape and how they might operationally impact the bank (including FCA and PRA guidance)
- Designing and embedding an effective risk and reporting framework including IT and operational risk, business continuity, financial crime and regulatory risk
- The successful delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework through managing the ERM policy, standards and procedures and adapting techniques to meet the business needs
- Challenging and influencing all levels of the management structure to ensure both compliant behaviour by the bank and good customer outcomes from a regulatory perspective
- Developing a Compliance Monitoring Plan, undertaking scoping reviews, reporting on the findings of monitoring activity and making suitable recommendations to senior managers
- Identifying and recommending improvement initiatives to existing procedures and activity across the bank to mitigate material risks and ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
To be successful within this position you will have;
- Strong experience of providing advice and guidance on regulatory standards impacting retail banking and/or consumer credit activities
- A sound understanding of the regulatory regimes governing UK retail banking
- Experience of developing, implementing and/or reviewing risk assessment and reporting frameworks
- Demonstrable experience of working with multiple stakeholders and ensuring that compliance and risk issues are given appropriate profile and attention up to board level
- Strong communication skills using a range of style and techniques depending on the audience
- The ability to influence through presenting sound and well-reasoned arguments to achieve effective commercial outcomes
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'