We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
Operational Risk & Governance is responsible for risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with M&G Executive, Management across the Business and Prudential Group Head Office Risk.
We are looking for an experienced Risk Analyst to support the Risk Framework Manager in developing and maintaining the M&G Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Framework, and the supporting Operational Risk Policy and Standards. This will include providing focused risk sessions and training to the business and developing and maintaining an intranet site to host information.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Supporting the maintaining of key risk documents for the M&G Group, including the Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Framework, Operational Risk Policy and Operational Risk Standards to ensure these meet the needs of M&G and the requirements defined by Prudential Group Head Office.
• Maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments and supporting the enhancement of key risk documentation to align to these.
• Supporting the development and delivering of risk training and awareness to the business on an ongoing basis, including providing input into any Prudential Group Head Office risk training initiative/academy and aligning M&G training where appropriate.
• Supporting the development and delivering of Risk Leader Sessions and Focused Risk Workshops to Executive and the business.
• Responding to regular or ad hoc reporting requests from external parties, including Client or other Stakeholder Requests for Information. Seeking to improve the Requests for Information process across the Risk Teams.
• Supporting input into key documentation requiring links to the Risk Framework including the M&G ICAAP, AAF and RMPs.
• Liaising with other areas within M&G and across Prudential to assist in developing a co-ordinated approach to risk documentation (e.g. Compliance).
• Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider risk team and other second line functions across the business.
What we are looking for:
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills to an Executive, Board and Committee level. It is important for you to be client focused and forward looking, with the intention to add value. You will be curious and continually looking to seek out improvements, as well as having strong drive and delivery, with a committed focus to achieving results and delivering on time. It is also essential for you to have excellent relationship development skills, alongside being a proactive team player, who is good at working with others.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.