Risk Analyst Advisory
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
We are looking for experienced Risk Analysts to support the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the M&G Group.
The Operational Risk & Governance team is responsible for risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with business management and Prudential GHO Risk. Part of this team is the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and best practise regarding operational risk.
• Maintaining an awareness of regulatory and industry developments that may affect the risk profile of the M&G Group.
• Supporting the Head of Advisory, Advisory Managers and the Senior Risk Analyst in the development and maintaining positive relationships with business to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the M&G Group, including:
- Ensuring the appropriate processes are in place to identify, monitor, challenge and report operational risks, controls and actions.
- Ensuring the Control Self Certification and risk appetite processes are in place.
- Oversight of operational incidents, including the performance of Operational Incident Reviews to analyse the cause and impact of errors, and working with the business to agree actions to prevent reoccurrence and report findings.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the M&G Operational Risk Framework.
• Attending relevant business meetings.
• Ensuring issues are reported to management in a timely manner.
• Providing appropriate operational risk support projects (both regulatory and operational) and product development.
What we are looking for:
You will have previous experience in managing an operational risk framework from a first or second line of defence perspective. Working knowledge of the FCA, their current areas of focus and specifically their views on best practice and conduct is essential for this position. You will be pragmatic in both analytical thinking and problem solving, with strong planning and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must, as well as strong influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships. You will have a willingness to learn, a strong a ability to deliver and sound judgment and decisiveness.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"